Thursday, October 11, 2012

Week 1 More "befores"

Now let's take a look at the kitchen.  What are all those little 'architectural details' between the cabinet doors?  And the paint color?  Not my style at all.  I'm just so incredibly thankful that we are replacing everything and I don't have to spend days (weeks!) scrubbing off all the grease!
 
 
 
 
And our favorite feature - the Gothic arch!  I ripped out most of this sucker myself!  I guess the room on the other side is technically the dining room, but it's too small, so we'll be using the space on the other end of that room instead.  This area will become part of the kitchen.  I can't tell you how nice it will be to have kitchen space again!

This is the breakfast nook on the other end of the kitchen.  I love all the light that the bay window provides!


This is the garage that was enclosed for an additional living area.  It's what will become our new master bedroom!  Can you picture it?  I know, it's a little hard right now:)


 
The brown wall hides a bunch of shelves full of paint and stuff.  Yep, we're gutting this room also.
 
 
The bathroom is through the tiny door to the left.  That will become my closet and the bathroom will be sort of in place of the storage area behind the brown walls.  The hubbster's closet will be on the other side.
 
 
This is a fun little sitting area.  Picture some comfy chairs, french doors, and a pergola outside!
 
Last but not least, the backyard.  I've never had any desire to have a pool!  We have one at one of the properties we own and it has often been a challenge, so I just didn't think we would want to add that to our workload at home.  But here it is, and I have to say I've already enjoyed it.  It provides a nice calming sound as we sit outside to plan all the To-Do lists.
 
 
Looking from the back porch toward what was called The Bath House.  Oh my goodness.  There are no words.  It's ok.  We have many ideas for the space, but won't tackle it until after Christmas. 
 
 Coming up soon.....the bare bones!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment