Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I can see the light!


This remodel has been going on for 3 months now, and most of it has been tedious, dirty, and frustrating.  But I do believe we've turned a corner!  The back half is really coming along and I'm getting so excited!

Here's a reminder of the laundry/mud/craft room, when it was still the master and bath.
And now...just needs some paint and then we'll be ready for tile!  The vanities I ordered from Lowes are here and I can't wait to get them in place. 
 
 
This is the demolition of the old, homemade door to the backyard from the laundry room.  It was probably supposed to look like a french door, but the glass was 2 different sizes, and it was just a messy installation all the way around.


We also removed the little ramp outside the door.
 
 
 
 Here's the space ready for the new door.  (You can see the beginings of the dog shower on the right.)
 
 
 
And by the end of the day the new door is in!  This will be our preferred access to the pool (tile floor, bathroom access), so I think the sliding glass will be perfect.  Plus it will (eventually!) have a good view when I'm doing laundry and stuff.   


The great room has new sheetrock on the ceilings, with much improved support in the attic.  The tape and bed and texturing has been completed, and hopefully tomorrow we will get a coat of primer on everything!  Our son is happy to suit up and man the paint sprayer, which is a huge blessing.  I originally thought I would be happy to do it, but after watching him the first time I decided it would be a lot of work!  I'm happy to just do the prep work:)

This is looking toward the kitchen.  I'm super excited that the pantry shelves are cut and ready to paint.  I can't wait to get paint on the walls and install them.  It might just be our very first completed space in the house!



We added a new project today, because, well, we just didn't have enough to do already!  I knew I wanted new trim around all the doors, and new larger baseboards.  We planned for that.  But then I looked at these underwhelming dining room windows and decided that they need some help too.  I would love to do all the windows in the house, but we'll see how it goes.  Here they are, the shy little timid windows before....
 



 
And here they are in their new finery.  I can't wait to see them painted white with a nice warm color on the walls.


 

I've finally made some decisions on paint!!  I can't (won't!) tell you how many cans of Benjamin Moore samples I have.  Goodness!  It's been a process for sure.  I should have the hall bath painted tomorrow and will be calling the tile guy to see when he can get started!
 
Thanks for stopping by.  I'd be so honored if you would leave a comment letting me know you were here!

No comments:

Post a Comment